Second Cycle Degree in Logic, Philosophy and History of Science
This MA programme pursues several goals:
- equipping students with a strong knowledge of the foundations of contemporary logic, as well as the most relevant issues in the philosophy of science;
- providing them with knowledge of the history of philosophy and science, and of the essentials of scientific disciplines debated in logic and epistemology;
- fostering acquaintance with cutting-edge issues of research in this area;
- creating a strong ability in the conceptual, formal and historical analysis of theories and models of scientific rationality;
- stimulating the ability to apply the tools of historical and philosophical inquiry to the understanding of the dynamics of scientific theories and ideas;
- strengthening the ability to apply methods and results of logic and scientific methodology to philosophical and scientific forms of reasoning.