In compliance with the legal and ethical standards of all the universities and departments involved, the Center aims to:
- Promote, develop, and coordinate research programs in the philosophy of health and medicine and related scientific research, as well as research on theoretical and practical issues in public health and communication;
- Promote the ongoing scientific debate on health and disease and support research-oriented teaching activities in higher education;
- Open interdisciplinary research programs in collaboration with other institutions, such as national and international research centers, academic departments, and operating units;
- Organize seminars, conferences, and educational courses for both the scientific community and the general public (public engagement is of special importance for the Center for its commitment to disseminating research results from its members and collaborators);
- Open and promote calls for applications for scholarships and prizes aimed at supporting research pursuing the aims and interests of the Center.